Brother seeker of enlightenment,
We completed the study of the Thirteenth Degree and will move on to the Fourteenth Degree at our next session which will be held on Wednesday, March 20th at 7:00 p.m. There will be dinner before this session at 6:30 with the class to follow. Even if you have not attended before each session is a separate degree so there is no need to feel that you have to have prior experience to enjoy the class. I’m sure we all remember the 14th degree for obvious reasons, but do we remember the lesson that this degree taught? Come and find out as we conclude the Lodge of Perfection. As before the resource material for this and all subsequent degrees is as listed below. It is suggested you bring your copy of “A Bridge to Light” to class and study the 14th degree beforehand at home.
As before the resource material for this and all subsequent degrees is as listed below. It is suggested you bring your copy of “A Bridge to Light” to class and study the degree beforehand at home.
- Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike, 33°
- A Bridge to Light by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens, 33°, G.C.
- Clausen’s Commentaries on Morals and Dogma by Henry C. Clausen, 33°, Past Sovereign Grand Commander
- Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide by Arturo de Hoyas, 33°, G.C.
- The Great Candelabrum with 7Candles
- The Seal of Solomon (interlaced black and white triangles)
- The colors white, blue and crimson
- The sun
- The star
- The ring
- The Tri-partite nature of Deity
- Man is not an accident of nature
- The discovery of Truth is a process of development and insight.
- Man’s most glorious activity is thought and study, especially of himself.
Topics for Discussion
- What is the concept of perfection and is it attainable?
- What is the role of Masonry in the world?
- The ineffable Word has meaning in many fields, explain what it might mean in psychology, in science, in society.
- It has been said that Masonry’s motto could be Science, Conscience, and Virtue. Explain.
- What is the symbolism of the five-pointed star, with a triangle in the middle and the name of Deity in Phoenician in the triangle?
- Truth is not always popular but nevertheless remains true. Discuss a truth that is controversial in the public’s view.
- This degree is styled “Perfect Elu”. Where was the concept of “Elu” derived and what meaning does it have in regard to Masonry?
Looking forward to an interesting and rewarding session,
Ill. Harry Eisenberg, 33°