Brother seeker of enlightenment,
We have just completed study of the Fifteenth Degree and will move on to the Sixteenth Degree in the Chapter Rose Croix at our next session which will be held on Wednesday May 15th at 7:00 p.m. We are now getting into the Philosophical degrees so this should provide lively discussion and a lot of fun. There will be dinner before this session at 6:30 with the class to follow. Even if you have not attended before each session is a separate degree so there is no need to feel that you have to had prior experience to enjoy the class.
As before the resource material for this and all subsequent degrees is as listed below. It is suggested you bring your copy of “A Bridge to Light” to class and study the degree beforehand at home.
- Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike, 33°
- A Bridge to Light by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens, 33°, G.C.
- Clausen’s Commentaries on Morals and Dogma by Henry C. Clausen, 33°, Past Sovereign Grand Commander
- Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide by Arturo de Hoyas, 33°, G.C.
- The equal balance scale
- Hand of justice holding a sword
- Five stars
- Two crowns
- The Trowel
- The color crimson
- The triangle and the square
- The rebuilding of the Temple
- Build Temples for the Living God in our hearts by following Masonic Truths.
- Judge equitably and fairly
- Provide aid to our fellow man
- Our daily lives have spiritual ends
Topics for Discussion
- What does it mean to be an autonomous adult? What does it mean to be in control of your own life?
- Discuss the difference between being in control of your mind and being controlled by your mind. How can one gain better control?
- Will you leave a noble heritage to those who follow you in this world? What is our obligation to the future?
- How can judges rule in righteousness without knowing what it means? Discuss its meaning.
Looking forward to an interesting and rewarding session,
Ill. Harry Eisenberg, 33°