Brother seeker of enlightenment,
We have just completed study of the Twenty-fifth degree and will move on to the Twenty-sixth Degree in the Council of Kadosh at our next session which will be held on Wednesday April 19th at 7:00 p.m. There will be dinner before this session at 6:30 p.m. with the class to follow. Even if you have not attended before each session is a separate degree so there is no need to feel that you have to had prior experience to enjoy the class. We are at a point in the Council of Kadosh where we are experiencing degrees of great philosophical and religious import and as such are very difficult to grasp at times. We will see nothing less with the 26th degree, so be prepared. As before the resource material for this and all subsequent degrees is as listed below. It is suggested you bring your copy of “A Bridge to Light” to class and study the 26th degree beforehand at home. At the completion of the 32nd degree we will have a graduation ceremony for those brothers who have attended 50% or 15 sessions. With seven sessions remaining this gives you a good chance to catch up and qualify for this honor.
- Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike, 33°
- A Bridge to Light by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens, 33°, G.C.
- Clausen’s Commentaries on Morals and Dogma by Henry C. Clausen, 33°, Past Sovereign Grand Commander
- Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide by Arturo de Hoyas, 33°, G.C.
- The arrow
- The Palladium
- The colors red, green and white
- The Tessera
- The Triple interlaced triangle, or nine-pointed star
- The Flaming Heart
- The Fraternal Banquet
- The Trinity of Deity belongs to no single religion
- The Truths of Masonry are contained within the religions of the world
- Practice mercy and be tolerant of other’s beliefs
- No man should be proud of ignorance
- There is a balance between Faith and Reason (Knowledge)
Topics for Discussion:
- What is the meaning of the Palladium (statue of a virgin holding an arrow) and the arrow in this degree?
- In Christianity God is manifested in the concept of the Trinity. Discuss the concept of manifestation and its implications for Masonic philosophy.
- The triangle on the apron alludes to Wisdom, Harmony and Force. What does the symbolism of the Delta refer to in Masonry, Christianity and Man?
- Some religious leaders teach it is dangerous to have knowledge of other faiths because they can cause the person to doubt. Discuss the validity of this statement.
- Discuss the 3 raps upon entering a Lodge of Entered Apprentices in light of the meaning of 3 in this degree.
- Discuss the concept of Trinity and its principle in various religions.
- What is the symbolism of the triple interlaced triangle or nine pointed star?
- Discuss the Creed of Masonry presented in this degree and how are Masons to interpret it and follow it?
- Identify the nine great truths of Masonry and explain their meaning in the context of the degree.
Looking forward to an interesting and rewarding session,
Harry Eisenberg, 32° KCCH